Redistricting work is ramping up. The Redistricting Commission has been meeting more often and has its two subcommittees, Budget & Finance and Citizen Engagement. We have recently learned the following updates:
- Map-drawing will likely start August 16th meaning we will have copies of maps by October 16th.
- Sen. Barker confirmed that November elections will use current maps (as in, the new maps will arrive too late for the November elections)
- The Redistricting Commission has a new website! Virginiaredistricting.org
- The Subcommittees (Budget + Finance; Engagement) have been busy with meetings and thus far have facilitated RFPs for General Counsel and allocated at least $250k for outreach.
- The next full Redistricting Commission Meeting is June 7th – be sure to sign up.