The Staff of Color Roundtable (SCoR) is a program of the Virginia Civic Engagement Table (VCET) that provides a safe space for table partners’ staff of color to build community and grow professionally. SCoR focuses on issues unique to people of color working in the progressive nonprofit and advocacy sector. We aim to de-center whiteness and put racial equity at the heart of the work we do together. SCOR provides a space to:
- Engage in a supportive community and brave spaces
- Address the state of racial equity in the nonprofit sector especially in Virginia, the former seat of the Confederacy
- Share professional and personal experiences and resources
- Build a community for growth, fellowship, and professional development
- Organize towards collective action to move the needle towards racial equity in the nonprofit sector and throughout Virginia
SCoR meetings are held monthly over Zoom with ad-hoc in-person gatherings. Past meetings have revolved around topics such as work-life balance, redistricting, and taxes & the racial wealth gap.
SCoR will relaunch in June of 2022. If you’re interested in joining SCoR, please fill out the form below.